The staff here at Buckeye Veterinary Clinic is proud to offer an array of vaccinations to all our patients. We recognize each pet has a different lifestyle and that lifestyle is why we need to vaccinate our pets.
Vaccinations allow young immune systems to be safely exposed to different diseases and start a memory to fight off any exposure in the future since mom’s immunity starts to drop drastically after 6 weeks of age.
Dogs and cats alike need vaccinations to protect their body from diseases that we can prevent. We understand that most vaccinations need a series or boosters for the pet to be completely protected, and then follow up re-vaccination every 6 months to 3 years. Again this all depends on the vaccine and lifestyle your pet has.
At each visit here to Buckeye we will ask what type of lifestyle your pet has so our team can make proper recommendations. Some recommendations come from the State and Federal Government, Rabies vaccinations, for example. Rabies is a disease that Humans can be exposed to and that is why we follow specific rule when administering this vaccine.
Core Vaccinations or non-lifestyle dependent vaccinations include:
- Rabies – (required by law for any pet over 20 weeks of age) – Information on Rabies in Summit County
- Canine Distemper – Adenovirus 2 – Parinfluenza, Parvo virus combination and Leptospirosis
- Feline Respiratory disease combination (FVRCP) and Leukemia
Additional vaccinations dependent on lifestyle:
- Canine vaccination for Bronchitis diseases called Bordatella
- Canine vaccinations for Canine Influenza H3N8 & H3N5
- Canine vaccination for Lyme disease
- Feline vaccination for Virulent Calici Virus
Again we are proud of our AAHA accreditation and follow the recommended vaccinations protocol dependent on lifestyle of our patients.